A MyUnitil online account makes it easy to submit questions or comments, obtain a service request summary, and update your mailing address. But did you know that there are additional ways MyUnitil makes life easier for busy people on the go? Here are five perks of having a MyUnitil online account.
Pro Tip: Unitil’s monthly newsletter, available in PDF format on MyUnitil, features tips on safety, energy efficiency, ways to save, and more.
Personalize Your Profile for Alerts and Messages
Save a tree! Sign up for paperless billing on MyUnitil, then choose whether you want to receive your bill via email or text. You can even arrange for text notifications for power outages or account correspondence.
Here’s How: My Profile → Communication Preferences
Report a Power Outage
Visit MyUnitil to report a power outage in just a few clicks! Be sure to call us to report natural gas-related issues or to report a downed wire or broken pole. Emergency lines are monitored 24/7/365 by qualified personnel to assist you in the event of an emergency.
- MA Gas Emergencies: 1-866-542-3547
- ME Gas Emergencies: 1-866-900-4460
- NH Gas Emergencies: 1-866-900-4115
Here’s How: → Account Services → Report Outage
View and Pay Bills
Look no further than the MyUnitil account summary for a snapshot of your most recent gas and electric bills. From here you can view the details of your current bill, make a payment, or set up an automated payment.
Here’s How: My Account → Make A Payment
Transfer or Disconnect Service
Simply verify your identity, the last date of service at your current address, and where we should mail your final bill. Be sure to include a phone number where we can reach with any questions.
Here’s How: Account Services → Transfer Service or Disconnect Service
View Your Energy Usage
Look for the Green Button icon to view and download your consumption history by month or year in a standardized format that other electric utilities are using, giving you the information and tools to more effectively manage your energy costs.
Here’s How: My Account → Consumption History or My Account → My Energy Use
- MyUnitil makes it easy to view, manage, and make payments for your gas and electricity on the go, whether you use a mobile device, tablet, or laptop.
- Going green with paperless billing reduces the costs associated with printing and mailing your monthly bill – and spares a few trees in the process!
- Natural gas issues and emergencies, as well as downed wires and broken utility poles should always be reported to qualified personnel immediately by phone.