Strengthening our mutual commitment to community safety.
When disaster strikes, the American Red Cross (ARC) leaps into action with vital emergency response services for those in need.
Unitil is proud of our ongoing partnership with American Red Cross Chapters in New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Maine. Together we strive to improve communications, provide efficient emergency response and be more proactive in our preparation efforts — especially when emergencies arise.
Our partnership focuses on key areas:
- Public outreach and preparedness communication — Joint public service announcements, press releases, media interviews and municipal coordination during major events to share preparedness, safety and restoration information to the affected public.
- Reciprocal training — ARC volunteers and Unitil employees have received reciprocal safety training for downed wires, disaster preparedness, adult CPR/AED and first aid training.
- Volunteer opportunities — Unitil employees and customers are encouraged to support various volunteer efforts and projects at the Red Cross’s offices and in local communities.
- Employee blood drives — Unitil employees are proud to regularly participate in employee blood drives at our offices to support Red Cross blood services, as well as promote other community blood drives. To date, Team Unitil has donated more than 600 pints of blood!
- Find Common Disasters Where You Live
- Prepare for Emergencies
- Family Disaster Plan (English)
- Family Disaster Plan (Spanish)
- Emergency Preparedness for Older Adults
- Winter Storm Safety
- Pet Disaster Preparedness
- Flood Safety
- Heat Wave Safety
- Power Outage Safety
- Thunderstorm Safety
- Tornado Safety
- Water Safety